Sunday, December 23, 2007

To Go or Not To Go

I recently signed up for a self-contained bicycle tour across the southern part of the US. This tour will take 65 days to complete with an average of 50-60 miles a day. As of the writing, I'm still debating whether or not to actually go. I have until January 22 to decide.

My concern regarding this tour is the thirteen other possible riders to consider when working out the itinerary, cooking, and facilities. I have done a number of self-contained bike tours over the years, but with smaller groups. Decisions were easily reached with the smaller groups. This is much more ambitious with a larger group and will require good teamwork to resolve decisions and issues along the way. At this point in time, my choices are to ride alone, find a small group, or go with the group of fourteen organized by ACA. To this end, I will ponder until the deadline arrives.

Like many people, my intention is to keep a journal of my tour using Blogger. I don't know whether or not I will actually continue to maintain this journal, but I will try.

No comments: