Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rest Day: Scenes from Austin

Our motel , the Rodeway Inn, for two nights was beside the freeway so it's quite noisy. However, the rest day in Austin was welcomed by everyone after 9 straight days of riding. During this time, we encountered a lot of wind and also transitioned from the dry desert climate to the higher humidity of the Southeastern States. I found the Texans to be forthright and friendly, and the landscape varied, wide-opened, and interesting. I'm enjoying the visual transformations of the land as we proceed across this state and the country. As for Austin, I am surprised by how much I liked the cityscape, cultural diversity, art, architecture, and terrain surrounding this city. We spent our rest day sightseeing around the city with one of the local tour operations. It was time well spent! During our stay, we ate at Ethiopian, Vietnamese, and Mediterranean restaurants. Herb







Tom, Aede, Shirl, Doug and I decide to take a bus tour of the city.

It was an excellent tour and it gave me a good overview of the city.


No comments: