Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back Home

It has been three days since I returned home and the demands of daily life threatens to consume my thoughts as I try to reflect upon our cross-country journey. It was a great ride. Alas, all good things must eventually come to an end and so our tour across the southern States ended on the sandy shores of the Atlantic Ocean on a warm day under an expansive blue sky. Like everyone, I was sad for our journey’s end, but glad to finally finish. In the end, the group was more like a family on the road. Throughout the endeavor, we helped and supported each other, accepted our differences, and stayed focused on our common cause. I had dreamed of riding cross-country, but the actual experiences of this journey were truly so much more than I could have imagined. I had some minor physical difficulties and a case of the flu during the last two weeks, but the ride was a complete joy to have done. It is difficult for me to put into words all that had transpired, so I hope the pictures have given you a good sense and feel for our journey. For me, the fulfillment of one dream seems only to inspire new dreams. So, I’m looking forward to what the future unfolds. My thanks to Andy MacIntyre, the gang, and to you for your notes and well wishes.

No comments: